Davis High School plans a Blue Spirit Open House from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the campus, 315 W. 14th St.
The event features student projects, performances and demonstrations. And teachers will be available to answer questions about curriculum. Student government will sell food and campus tours will be offered. Among the event’s highlights:
* The Madrigals and Advanced Treble Choir will perform from 6 to 6:45 p.m. and a “Tony Fields Thriller” will be presented from 6:50 to 7:15 p.m. on the Quad Stage.
* There will be a varsity baseball game against Elk Grove at 4:15 p.m. on the varsity baseball field north of the North Gym and a track meet against Laguna Creek High School from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. in the Ron & Mary Brown Stadium.
* The Robotics Team will give a demonstration and show a video of the regional championship from 6 to 7 p.m. in the South Gym.
* Students will perform a variety of dance styles from 6:20 to 6:50 p.m. in the Dance Room.
* Future Farmers of America will host a petting zoo, floral design demonstrations, plant sales and Garden Art recycled metal welding project displays on the Quad.
Tickets for the graduation ceremony and Grad Night will be for sale on the Quad. Also, obsolete and used library books and textbooks will be available for free in front of the school library.
Before the open house gets under way, parents of the incoming Class of 2015 are invited to attend an informal question-and-answer session with Principal Jacqui Moore from 5:30 to 6 p.m. in the Brunelle Performance Hall.
“This is your opportunity to become more familiar with Davis Senior High School before the school year begins,” an announcement said.