Tuesday, September 2, 2014
YOLO COUNTY NEWS
99 CENTS

Sign up now for city subsidy on water bills

By
From page A3 | November 13, 2013 |

The city of Davis has introduced a program to help low-income homeowners offset the higher costs of Davis’ new water rates. The first 250 eligible homeowners to apply for the program, will receive a $10 discount on their water bill every month (erroneously reported earlier as $5 per month).

Homeowners who meet the income qualification requirements and who are enrolled in Pacific Gas & Electric’s CARE Program are eligible. A homeowner is the owner-occupant of a parcel in Davis who is listed on the county assessor’s tax roll.

To apply for the program, a homeowner must submit an application to the city that includes proof of participation in the PG&E CARE Program. Eligibility will need to be recertified every year. Currently, the income levels are approximately $30,000 for a household of two or $46,000 for a household of four.

The city estimates that the monthly water bill for a typical single-family home in 2013 will be $30.86. For city services bills generated beginning May 1, 40 percent of the water bill will be determined by a monthly base rate based on water meter size (most households have a 3/4-inch or 1-inch, which would cost $17.33 or $27.13, respectively, in 2013). The remaining 60 percent of the water bill will vary based on consumption, with rates ranging from $1.23 to $2.33 per one hundred cubic feet of water delivered.

By 2015, the formula for calculating water bills will change to a consumption-based fixed rate, where a typical single-family home in 2015 is estimated to have $52.31 in monthly water costs.

The application for the program and more specific information about water rates, including a water rate calculator, can be found on the city’s website at www.water.cityofdavis.org. Or, call the city manager’s office at 530-757-5602.

Comments

comments

Enterprise staff

.

News

 
Davis is not immune: Are you ready for a big quake?

By Dave Ryan | From Page: A1 | Gallery

 
Planning begins for Davis Neighbors’ Night Out

By Enterprise staff | From Page: A1

Sword-attack suspect awaiting trial in Davis

By Lauren Keene | From Page: A2

 
6 militants killed in U.S. strike in Somalia

By The Associated Press | From Page: A2 | Gallery

San Francisco is first to test urban farming law

By The Associated Press | From Page: A2

 
Learn about RNA at Science Café

By Enterprise staff | From Page: A3

 
Google Glass will be discussed, demonstrated

By Enterprise staff | From Page: A3

Tickets still available for DHS Hall of Fame dinner

By Enterprise staff | From Page: A3

 
Cuddle up at Project Linus’ meeting

By Enterprise staff | From Page: A3

Public opinion sought about Nishi Gateway

By Lily Holmes | From Page: A3

 
International folk dancing offered Sundays

By Enterprise staff | From Page: A3

Got bikes? Donate ‘em!

By Enterprise staff | From Page: A3

 
Rose garden bricks to be dedicated Saturday

By Enterprise staff | From Page: A3

It’s About Time plays Davis Farmers Market’s Picnic in the Park

By Anthony Siino | From Page: A3 | Gallery

 
Register year-round at Davis Chinese School

By Enterprise staff | From Page: A8

 
.

Forum

Tom Meyer cartoon

By Debbie Davis | From Page: A4

 
Have the facts before you judge

By Special to The Enterprise | From Page: A4

Tesla has state walking a tightrope

By Tom Elias | From Page: A4

 
Special-needs passengers ignored

By Letters to the Editor | From Page: A4

A cure for Davis’ problems

By Letters to the Editor | From Page: A4

 
A good use for the MRAP

By Letters to the Editor | From Page: A4

Marriage vs. male instinct

By Creators Syndicate | From Page: B5

 
.

Sports

DHS boys looking to replicate a big cross country performance

By Spencer Ault | From Page: B1 | Gallery

 
Life without MacDonald starts Friday for DHS

By Thomas Oide | From Page: B1 | Gallery

Clark recalls his hole-in-one — the first at Davis Golf Course

By Bruce Gallaudet | From Page: B1 | Gallery

 
Fruits of their Labor Day

By Sue Cockrell | From Page: B1 | Gallery

 
UCD roundup: Aggies edge Quinnipiac in overtime

By Enterprise staff | From Page: B2

Sports briefs: Hot Shots basketball tryouts coming up

By Enterprise staff | From Page: B3

 
Baseball roundup: Aces end River Cats’ season

By Staff and wire reports | From Page: B3

Junior Blue Devils strong in home debut, winning 3 on the field

By Enterprise staff | From Page: B8 | Gallery

 
.

Features

.

Arts

.

Business

.

Obituaries

Elaine Dracia Greenberg

By Special to The Enterprise | From Page: A5

 
.

Comics

Comics: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 (set 1)

By Creator | From Page: B5

 
Comics: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 (set 2)

By Creator | From Page: B7