An awards ceremony Monday, May 13, will honor individuals who work with or have made outstanding contributions to children or adults with special needs in Yolo County. The awards are presented by the Yolo County Special Education Local Plan Area’s Community Advisory Committee.
The 2012-13 award recipients are:
* Vicki Rich, resource teacher and workability coordinator for Davis schools;
* Kristen Cracchiolo, a paraprofessional II; Susan Ross, a program specialist; and Marianne Winger, a special education teacher, all with Woodland schools;
* Susan Cooper, a resource specialist with Esparto schools;
* Rena Rubalcava, a paraeducator with the Washington Unified School District in West Sacramento;
* Lisa Winter, a school psychologist with the Yolo County Office of Education; and
* Todd Sasano and Denise Browning, with the Disabled Students Programs and Services at Woodland Community College.
The awards ceremony will run from 6 to 7 p.m. in the Conference Center of the Yolo County Office of Education, 1280 Santa Anita Court, Suite 120, in Woodland. Community members are welcome.