Sutter Davis Hospital Farmers Market — located at the hospital’s entrance at 2000 Sutter Place — reopens Thursday, May 15, and runs from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. each Thursday through Aug. 28.
Janet Wagner, Sutter Davis Hospital’s CEO, will open the market in the Old World tradition by ringing a bell at 10 a.m. Opening day festivities include the hospital’s live cooking station, sampling a vegetarian couscous; face time with Dinger and Sacramento River Cats players (bring your cameras); prizes and giveaways; plus a market filled with farm-fresh produce, baked goods, local honey, eggs and olive oil, plus flowers, plants and garden starts.
“We are so excited about the local, farm-fresh produce and baked goods that will available right at our doorstep for our employees, patients and community members to shop and enjoy,” Wagner said in a news release.
Randii MacNear, Davis Farmers Market’s executive director and manager of the Sutter Davis Hospital market, added, “This is the fourth season for the hospital’s farmers market and we have 13 sellers confirmed for opening day.”
Market shoppers will find:
* Cherries, apricots, peaches, plums, and nectarines from Neufeld Farms in Kingsburg;
* Strawberries from Sae Lee Farms in Rio Linda;
* Carrots, potatoes, beets, onions, garlic, cherries, tomatoes and other produce from Toledo Farms in Lodi;
* Microgreens, Asian vegetables, specialty melons and tree fruits from Food Tree Field Organic Farm in Meridien;
* Assorted vegetables from Chavez Farms in Esparto;
* Blackberries and blackberry jam, pies and crisps from Collins Farm;
* Blueberries and blueberry balsamic from Nielson’s Blueberries;
* Local eggs from Isolte Farms in Esparto;
* Olive oil from Grumpy Goats Farm in Capay Valley;
* Honey from Sola Bee Farms in Woodland;
* Whole food snacks from Urban Foods, West Sacramento; plus
* Garden starts and potted plants, large and small, from Boucher Plants in Suisun City.
Upper Crust Bakery of Davis will offer a wide variety of breads and baked goods.
The hospital’s market accepts EBT cards, WIC and senior coupons. Shoppers with no cash in hand may purchase market scrip using debit or credit cards.