Experience a trip around the world this holiday season with one visit to the Davis Odd Fellows Hall at 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
Thursday Live! continues its series of concerts on the first Thursday of each month at the hall, 415 Second St. The show is free and open to all ages.
There are nine groups lined up for this holiday show. Each group will play a few seasonal songs styled in their unique way:
* Eve West Bessier delivers poems in the spirit of the season;
* Frankie & the Fabletones provide some doo-wop;
* Jan Peters and Blackbird bring a touch of traditional Irish music with fiddle, flute and mandolin;
* David Campos and Ted Vega add some spice with south-of-the-border Mexican and Latin tunes;
* Biscuits and Honey keep it down-home with bluegrass and folk holiday songs;
* Calvin Handy — retired UC Davis police chief — and The Jazz Patrol will have the audience swaying to some holiday standards;
* David Hafter makes his Thursday Live! debut with his acoustic guitar and folk singing;
* Yolo Mambo will take us around the globe with songs of the season; and
* Me & Him put a few new twists on some holidays classics.
All donations from this holiday show will go to the Davis Odd Fellows Encampment, which raises money throughout the year to send children to summer camp in the Sierra Nevada.
For more information, email Juelie Roggli at firstname.lastname@example.org.