UC Davis will honor seven alumni and one friend — including Janice Eberly of the U.S. Treasury and celebrity chef Martin Yan — at its Alumni Awards Gala on Friday, Feb. 1, in San Jose.
The Cal Aggie Alumni Association invites the public to attend the gala at the San Jose City Hall Rotunda, 200 E. Santa Clara St. in San Jose. The gala begins with a wine reception at 5:30 p.m., followed by a dinner and awards ceremony at 6:30 p.m. Tickets to the black-tie-optional event are $125 for CAAA members and $175 for nonmembers. To register, go to http://www.alumni.ucdavis.edu.
Award winners are:
* Stockton couple Bob Morrison, a retired business attorney who earned his degrees in 1968 and 1971, and Jan Morrison, a 1969 graduate and a retired teacher from the San Joaquin County School District;
* Janice Eberly, a 1986 graduate of Evanston, Ill., and Bethesda, Md., the U.S. Treasury’s assistant secretary for economic policy;
* John Bissell II, a 2008 graduate from Sacramento, an award-winning entrepreneur;
* Martin Yan, a 1973 grad from San Mateo County who also received a master’s degree in 1977, television host and cookbook author;
* Ann Pitzer of La Jolla, a 1958 graduate, who is a retired software developer and a trustee of the Pitzer Family Foundation;
* Jose Carmine Dianese of Brasilia, Brazil, who earned a master’s degree in 1968 and a Ph.D. in 1971, who is a professor emeritus at the University of Brasilia; and
* Barbara Jackson of Davis, a major philanthropic donor and volunteer for the university.
For more information, contact Jennifer Thayer at 530-754-9098 or firstname.lastname@example.org.