Tickets are still available for the University Farm Circle Holiday Home Tour, which also will include a holiday boutique at International House, Davis, featuring a variety of vendors.
The tour, which features seven Davis homes decked out for the holidays, will run from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 9. Tickets are $20 for UFC members and $25 for the general public. Tickets may be purchased in Davis at The Avid Reader, 617 Second St., and Beyond the Garden Gate, 1015 Olive Drive, and in Woodland at The Gifted Penguin, 716 Main St.
Tour tickets also will be sold at I-House, 10 College Park, on the day of the tour for $25. Refreshments will be served there throughout the day.
The Holiday Boutique vendors include:
* UBChic by Usha Burns, featuring chic, reasonably priced evening bags and clutches, as well as soft shawls in animal and fun prints;
* Connie’s Lavender by Connie Martinez, offering all that is lavender: soaps, creams, lotions, scrubs and more;
* “Found! Etc” by Patti Green, showcasing felted hats, hand-knit items, chef aprons and market bags;
* Freights by Robin Kozloff, including photographs of freight cars by Northern California artist Lorenzo Kristov that are dye-printed on shoulder bags, fabric-covered journals, iPad cases and other artware;
* Hydrangea Studios-Fine Art by Karen LeGault, selling fine art giclee prints, limited editions, signed and numbered, framed and unframed, plus individual note cards and boxed sets of note cards; and
* Beyond the Garden Gate, showing holiday gifts for the home and garden.
The boutique also will feature several jewelry designers with gifts for the holidays:
* Judith Eileen Cook and Pamela Marie Vann have created beautiful, handmade, artisan fine jewelry for Eileen Marie Designs;
* Adi Braeman, of Adi’s Glass Beads and Jewelry, experiments with color, shapes, textures and techniques in her bead designs;
* Marirose Jelicich of Chic Treads has recycled rubber (innertube) jewelry;
* Liz Larsen’s Champagne Pearls combines freshwater pearls with Swarovski crystals, Bali silver and semi-precious stones;
* Sally Paul offers jewelry with bead weaving and bead embroidery; and
* Sara D. Jewelry Designs by Sara Reinhart has hand-made jewelry made of semi-precious stones, sterling silver, gold fill and freshwater pearls.
Along the vendors displaying their own hand-crafted items, the University Farm Circle is hosting a table of new hand-crafted items donated by UFC members. The proceeds, along with the sale of home tour tickets, will go to the UFC Scholarship Fund, to provide scholarships for UC Davis students.
The University Farm Circle is the oldest support group of UCD, with a long tradition of welcoming women to the community and its organization. UFC holds numerous programs throughout the year, as well as sections devoted to special interests. Information about membership in the University Farm Circle and the Holiday Home Tour is available at www.ufcdavis.org.