Two new venues — Yolo Federal Credit Union and U.S. Bank — join the monthly Second Friday ArtAbout this month. The event features artists’ receptions at galleries and businesses in downtown Davis and beyond.
All events are free and open to the public; many include complimentary refreshments and opportunities to talk with featured artists.
Live music, a DJ or a special event are planned at several venues. In addition, the Davis Art Center invites visitors to watch four artists paint a mural downtown; the mural eventually will be exhibit at the Art Center.
Art receptions and viewings:
* Armadillo Music, 205 F St., (530) 758-8058; reception, 7-9 p.m., “Walking Bob around Davis,” Bob Schultz, photography, through July 11. Live music by Brooke Parrott starting at 6 p.m. Hours: Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-10 p.m.; Sunday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
* The Artery, 207 G St., (530) 758-8330; reception, 6-9 p.m., “Little Stories,” Elizabeth Webb, sculpture, through July 3. Hours: Monday-Thursday and Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Friday, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.; Sunday, noon-5 p.m.
* Burgers & Brew, 403 Third St., (530) 750-3600; viewing, 6-11 p.m., Kadie Anderson, block prints, through June 30. Hours: Sunday-Wednesday, 11 a.m.-midnight; Thursday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-3 a.m.
* ciocolat, 301 B Street, (530) 753-3088; reception, 6-8 p.m., “no place better than here,” Jesse Vasquez, photography, through Aug. 5. Hours: Sunday-Saturday, 7:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
* Cobalt Salon & Gallery, 132 E St., Suite 350 (Mansion Square), (916) 806-3141; reception, 6-8 p.m., “Friend of a Friend,” Linda Johnson, collage; Mollie Moseley Morrison, mixed-media collage; and artist in resident Deborah Pittman, ceramics, through Aug. 31. Champagne at reception. Hours: Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. for the gallery, and other times by appointment.
* Crepeville, 330 Third St., (530) 750-2400; viewing, 6-11 p.m., Karen Folk, caricatures, acrylics and mixed media, through July 31. Hours: Monday-Sunday, 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
* Davis Art Center special downtown event, E Street Plaza, (530) 756-4100; mural launch, 5-7 p.m., “Painting Relay,” part of the Davis Art Center’s new Discovery Art program, Tony Berger, Jeff Musser, Nadja Fitchhorn, Rachel Hartsough, mixed media mural, work will continue on mural through end of June at 764 Fifth St., and then be installed at Davis Art Center as part of “Cross-Pollination: Sharing Art. Sharing Ideas,” July 13-Sept. 14.
* Davis Developmental Pediatrics Group, 760 Fifth St., (530) 758-3374; reception, 6-9 p.m., Rotating art show from Team Davis students, group show, through June 30, kids welcome to create art at reception. Hours: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
* Edward Jones Investments, 4627 Fermi Place, Suite 130, (530) 747-2002; reception, 4:30-8 p.m., Christopher Dewees, Japanese fish printing, or gyotaku, one night only. Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
* French Cuff Consignment, 130 G St., (530) 756-3724; reception, 5-9 p.m., “Flowers and Others,” Shari Schreiber, mixed media, through July 9. Music by DJ Rock Bottom at reception. Hours: Monday-Sunday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
* International House, 10 College Park, (530) 753-5007; reception, 6-8 p.m., “New Directions,” Susan Whitley Brady, painting, through Aug. 7. Hours: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
* Logos Books, 513 Second St., (530) 400-1083; viewing, 5-8 p.m. Linda Galusha, paintings, through June 30. Hours: Tuesday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sunday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; closed Monday
* Lyon Real Estate, 401 Second St., (530) 758-0720; reception, 6-8:30 p.m., Doug Konovaloff, acrylic on canvas, through June 29. Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
* Megan Wilkinson Photography, 132 E St., Suite 140 (Mansion Square), (530) 219-4058; reception, 6-9 p.m., “Nicholas Vatuone’s Art,” acrylic on canvas board, one night only. Hours: by appointment.
* John Natsoulas Gallery, 521 First St., (530) 756-3938; reception, 7-10 p.m., “4 Artist Exhibition,” Kerry Rowland-Avrech and Alex Reisfar, acrylic painting; Marie Pascal, watercolors; and Wayne Thiebaud, variety of mediums, prints and oils, through July 6. Hours: Wednesday-Thursday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.; Friday, 11 a.m.-10 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday, noon-5 p.m.
* Nelson Gallery, Nelson Hall UC Davis, (530) 752-8500; reception, 5:30-7:30 p.m., “You Never Know When I’ll Show You the Never: 2012 Master of Fine Arts Exhibition,” Daniel Brickman, Kyle Dunn, Dani Galietti, Katherine Nulicek, Terry Peterson, Erika Romero and Jared Theis, painting, sculpture, mixed media, performance and more, through June 29. Check nelsongallery.ucdavis.edu for general hours.
* Open Door Art Studios, 231 G St. (Court-N-Cedar); open house, 5-8 p.m., “Open Door Art Studios Open House Tour and Informational Evening.” Applications and information on jury process will be available. Live music.
* The Paint Chip, 217 F St., (530) 753-5093; reception, 6-8:30 p.m., “12 x12 by ARTful Women,” Joan Dyer, Lin Schiffner, Pam Berry, Sandra Poteet, Ann Sanderson, Gail Sims and Jo Hathcock, mixed-media fabric art, through June 11. Hours: Monday-Saturday, 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sunday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
* Pence Gallery, 212 D St., (530) 758-3370; reception, 6-9 p.m., “Tiffany Schmierer & Sharon Virtue: Horror Vacui,” ceramic sculpture, through July 8; “Slice: A Juried Cross-Section of Regional Art,” the Pence’s first juried art exhibit, open to all artists, that showcases the best in regional fine art, juried by Crocker Art Museum Curator Diana Daniels, through July 5; “Espressoism,” paintings in coffee by Matthew Harral and Karen Eland, through June 24. Hours: Tuesday-Sunday, 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
* Ray Johnston Photography Studio, 803 Second St., Suite 302 (Chen Building), (530) 756-0499; reception, 6-9 p.m., “Pampered Pets,” oil paintings, Kathryn Wronski, who will be working on current commissions in oils during art walk, one night only, DJ Lounge Beat, refreshments and outdoor patio seating. Hours: Tuesday-Saturday, 10:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
* Thai Recipes, 132 E St., Suite 190 (Mansion Square), (530) 759-2099; reception, 6-7:30 p.m., “DISARRAY,” Marguerite Schaffron, mixed media and photography, through July 11. Hours: Lunch, Monday-Saturday, 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m.; Dinner, Monday-Sunday, 5:30-9 p.m.
* U.S. Bank, 304 F St., (530) 756-7283; reception, 4-8 p.m., “The Gallery,” Larry Stark, mixed media sculptures and jewelry, ongoing. Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
* The Wardrobe, 206 E St., (530) 756-1128; reception, 4-9 p.m., “Cuban Dreamscapes,” Eduardo Guerra, watercolor on prints, through June 30. Reception will feature music by the Sound of Fashion DJ. Hours: Monday-Friday, 11 a.m.-7 p.m.; Saturday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sunday, noon-5 p.m.
* The Work Shop, 213 E St., Suite F (upstairs in the back); reception, 4:30-7:30 p.m., “I’ll Catch Up,” Josiah Andrew, painting, mixed media; Dede Tisone, altered books; and Daniel Amoni, photography, through July 6. Hours: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
* Yolo Federal Credit Union, 501 G St., (530) 297-6700; reception, 5-8 p.m., “One Farm at a Time,” featuring works by David Nasater, photography; Jonathon Zowalki, ink on paper; Harriet Blodgett, oil painting, one night only. Hours: Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.