Yolo County Housing will accept online applications for housing wait lists beginning at 8 a.m. Monday through 5 p.m. Thursday, May 26. The wait list may be closed earlier, depending on the volume of applications received.
Wait lists will be open for the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8), Project-Based Voucher, Public Housing, Cottonwood Meadows Senior Complex and USDA Farm Labor Housing. Applicants should apply only once for each program for which they are eligible.
For site-based rental housing lists, applicants should only apply for areas where they wish to live. Some programs have special requirements, such as being engaged in farm labor, being over the age of 62 or requiring support services for special needs.
Applicants need to have the name, date of birth and Social Security number of all household members, as well as income and asset information for all household members. When the application is complete, applicants should print or save the confirmation page as a receipt for their records.
Interested persons should complete the online application at http://www.ycha.org. The online application will be available in English, Spanish and Russian. YCH has partnered with local service agencies and libraries to create the following application centers for residents without their own computers or Internet access:
* Davis: Davis Community Meals, 1111 H St.; Eleanor Roosevelt Circle, 675 Cantrill Drive; César Chávez Plaza, 1220 Olive Drive; Stephens Branch Library, 315 E. 14th St.;
* Winters: Yolo County Housing, 62 Shams Way; Winters Community Library, 708 Railroad Ave.;
* Woodland: Yolo County Housing, 147 W. Main St.; Woodland Public Library, 250 First St.; Yolo County Department of Employment and Social Services, 25 N. Cottonwood St.; Legal Services of Northern California, 619 North St.; Yolo County Adult Day Health Care, 20 N. Cottonwood St.; Wellness Center (Yolo County Alcohol, Drug and Mental Health Services), 137 N. Cottonwood St.; Yolo Family Resource Center, 828 Court St.; Veterans Services Office, 120 W. Main St.; Yolo Wayfarer Center Christian Mission, 207 Fourth St.;
* Clarksburg: Clarksburg Branch Library, 52915 Netherlands Road;
* Esparto: RISE, Community Service Center, 16858 Yolo Ave.; Esparto Regional Library, 17065 Yolo Ave.;
* Knights Landing: Yolo Family Resource Center, 9886 Mills St.; Knights Landing Branch Library, 42351 Third St.;
* West Sacramento: Yolo County Housing, 685 Lighthouse Dr.; Broderick Christian Center, 110 Sixth St.; Yolo County Children’s Alliance, 1200 Anna St., Portable 21; Russian Baptist Church, 1000 Sacramento Ave.; Arthur F Turner Library, 1212 Merkley Ave.; and
* Yolo: Yolo Branch Library, 37750 Sacramento St.
Yolo County Housing provides more than 2,300 units of affordable housing through private market subsidies and rental units for families, seniors and disabled people, as well as seasonal and permanent rental housing for farm workers. For more information, visit http://www.ycha.org or call (530) 662-5428.