A uniformed soldier poses downtown in 1945, where the G Street Street Plaza is nowadays. Hattie Weber Museum/Courtesy photo
"Aggie Villa" consisted of prefabricated shipyard workers’ housing units which provided two- and three-bedroom apartments for families at First and A streets. ASUCD courtesy photo
Cycling females provided the image that UC Davis was safe and bikeable. UCD's College of Agriculture was established in 1951 as a separate entity from UC Berkeley. ASUCD courtesy photo

Special Publications »

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service (updated 4/30/2015) and Privacy Policy (updated 4/7/2015).
Copyright (c) 2015 McNaughton Newspapers, Inc., a family-owned local media company that proudly publishes the Daily Republic, Mountain Democrat, Davis Enterprise, Village Life and other community-driven publications.