YOLO COUNTY NEWS
Violet Gordon watches for enemy aircraft in 1944 from an observation tower behind the high school gym on Fifth and B streets in downtown Davis. Hattie Weber Museum/Courtesy photo
A V-for-victory sign decorates a window of the Anderson Bank building on Second and G streets in downtown Davis in the mid-1940s. Hattie Webber Museum/Courtesy photo
An aerial view shows downtown Davis in 1941, with the Southern Pacific Depot on the lower right. Yolo County Archives, Larkey Collection/Courtesy photo
The Terminal Hotel in Cafe, at Second and G streets, in 1946. John Brinley/Courtesy photo
In an idea that originated in Davis and spread around the country during World War II, a volunteer weekend work crew works on the local railroad tracks. John Brinley/Courtesy photo
In an idea that originated in Davis and spread around the country during World War II, a volunteer weekend work crew works on the local railroad tracks. John Brinley/Courtesy photo
In an idea that originated in Davis and spread around the country during World War II, a volunteer weekend work crew works on the local railroad tracks. John Brinley/Courtesy photo

Special Publications »

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service (updated 4/30/2015) and Privacy Policy (updated 4/7/2015).
Copyright (c) 2015 McNaughton Newspapers, Inc., a family-owned local media company that proudly publishes the Daily Republic, Mountain Democrat, Davis Enterprise, Village Life and other community-driven publications.